Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wow . . . only 3 years since I've updated this post . . . which pretty much sums up the last 3 years. :)

"It has been suggested" that we do better at keeping in touch and sharing pictures with family.  Therefore, I decided to do it here and whoever would like to look and read can . . .

(Disclaimer: this is a mom's blog.  There may be moments of histeria, exhaustion - oh nevermind I won't be posting then, and references to my kids bodily functions.  Because that's what we talk about.  I didn't make up the rules.  It's just how it is.)

What to say . . .

K. has a new nickname: "The Tornado."  If you would like to dispute the accuracy of this nickname, you are welcome to come spend a few days here.  Often, I am seen wide eyed, open mouthed just watching his noisy progress.  Additionally, he has decided that at 20 months he is big enough to use the potty.  Oh my goodness.  Well I'm not ready to potty train, so we'll just see how that goes.  His latest words: "Oh toodles" (from mickey mouse) and "uh-huh" meaning 'yes.'

O. is SO ready for preschool.  And I'M SO ready for him to be in preschool!!  :)  He starts Sept. 5th.  He is really sweet, but just very social and wants me to play with him all day.  Which means, I get nothing done, or am constantly hassled while doing things.  A friend who was visiting made the observation, "Wow.  He's persistent."  That pretty much sums him up.  He reminds me of his dad everyday.  His persistence to get what he wants :), his sweetness, affection, and MISCHEVIOUSNESS all are just a mirror of his dad.

It's been HOT and MUGGY here.  So that would account for some of my frankly crankiness.  But after being away for a couple of weeks, it is also good to be home and get back to a routine.  We enjoyed having N. here for a week to visit.  We had fun being tourists every day and she was great playing with the kids so I could get something done at home (reference above comment.)

OK, T. is at the park with the kids so I need to go clean up from dinner and do some laundry.

If you read this leave a comment (and sign your name!!), because if I wrote all this you can leave a sentence!! :D

2 comments:

Deb Greenway said...

Love it!!!
Thanks for posting!!
Love you four!!

Anonymous said...

This is revolutionary! But a very good kind of revolutionary. :) Fun to see the picture, fun to hear more about your days in Chicago. Thanks!